Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel Rebranding and Hotel Launch
Rebrand a national chain resort as an independent hotel 45 days before prime lodging season (summer) in a location dominated by national brands, while keeping occupancy and revenue. The new independent hotel would start without a database of past guests and all guests on the books were being contacted to move to another brand hotel within one mile.
In essence, the hotel was starting with a property and that was pretty much it.
- PHASE 1: BRAND DEVELOPMENT
- Research/SWOT comparison/analytics
- Name research and commitment
- Create brand identity
- Create brand story
- PHASE 2: EXPANSION OF BRAND AND LAUNCH PREPAREDNESS
- Concept and create campaign for outreach and in-house use
- Design and develop website and prepare for quick launch
- Develop advertising launch budget with the intention of increasing ROI and awareness, and build database
- Develop regional initiatives to spearhead word of mouth
- Disengage from national brand and launch website, reservations and outreach within hours of national brand removal
- Launch brand through print, broadcast, internet, website, on-site collateral, social media and public relations targeting main markets
- Create a strong visual identity
- Develop database through contesting and email outreach
- Build social media pages and establish followers
- Create special offers to entice bookings
- Develop online tracking for future outreach efforts
We took an aggressive approach by starting the branding outreach three months prior to the official launch with a Disneyland Trip Giveaway. The giveaway allowed us to establish a landing page before we could legally launch a full website. The giveaway landing page also gave us the ability to track visitors for retargeting, capture emails, develop a database, and soft-launch the brand months before we were ready to open officially. Then we hit the ground running with a fully integrated plan and an upbeat, exciting message when the hotel officially dropped the national brand.
- Ended the year with higher occupancy and revenue than when property was under the national brand umbrella, despite starting with nearly zero reservations
- Hotel continues to out-perform national brands in the Anaheim area YoY
30-Second TV Spot