Preparations for the holiday season are in full swing, and for businesses, it really is the most wonderful/hectic/stressful/rewarding time of the year! Here at DAE&Co., we want to make sure that you are one of the businesses that customers are able to easily find and reach out to for all of their holiday shopping needs. If you’re still scrambling for some holiday cheer, check out these fun and festive campaign ideas that you can use for your business this holiday season!
- Provide gift discounts that bring people back. Anyone can offer a deal, but now is a great time to structure a discount that will bring people back to you time and time again! With every purchase, they get a gift card for a future purchase, BOGO booking deals that ensure they bring more guests. Cash discounts for on-site restaurants or shops when they book their stay with you, etc. Go beyond the obvious discount offers to make sure your holiday sales are the gifts that keep on giving!
- Give back to your customers. Giving back to your customers is a great focus for the holiday season. Your customers have been dedicated to you all year, this is your chance to give back to them by offering a free gift, big discount, or fun holiday event. This is also the perfect time to say ‘thank you’ to your customers for everything that they have done for you to grow your business. It’s important that your customers know that they are valued and that their efforts for your business aren’t going unnoticed.
- Create holiday specials with related businesses. Another great way for you to appreciate your customers, as well as the other businesses surrounding you, is to team up with another local business and offer a co-branded holiday special. Businesses that are small and local near you, sell complementary products, or that have a related service are amazing partners for holiday deals or prizes. Bundling gifts with other businesses/services also helps you to get to know other customers that shop with those businesses.
- Host a holiday event. An event for this holiday season could either be in-person or virtual, depending on what you are comfortable with. This opens the door for your customers to come to your business and to see how you operate and what you have to offer. It also gives you, as the business owner, a chance to meet your loyal customers and to get to know more about them. You could also learn what your customers want to see from you in the future and what they love most about the products or services that you have to offer. If you are hosting this gathering virtually, the same rules apply. Make sure that everyone feels involved and that they are gaining from the experience!
- Run a holiday contest. Everyone loves a good holiday contest! Create a social contest inviting your fans to post about your products or brand, what they love about you, how you’ve made an impact, etc. then host a drawing or have others vote on their favorite submissions to win a prize! You get great user-generated content that you can use for your business. It also allows your customers to feel seen and heard, all while winning some prizes. More focused on foot traffic this year? Host an on-site prize raffle where customers can come in, do some shopping or explore your venue spaces, and place their name in a raffle for the chance to win!
- Create a social media campaign to spread the holiday spirit. In relation to the contest, making connections on social media is extremely important and valuable for your business. Make your customers feel seen and heard during this festive time and show content that you are proud of relating to the season. If you haven’t tried boosted posts or social ads prior to this, now might be the time for you to jump in with a promoted holiday post that is relevant to your customers on your social channels.
Overall, taking the time to connect with your customers is extremely important during the holiday season. It is a great opportunity for you to give back to those that have been supporting you throughout the year. You also have the chance to make new connections and reach out to other businesses that are trying to do the same thing. Something about the holiday season makes people so kind and understanding, so take the opportunity to reach out and to give back!
If you’d like to learn more about how your business can reach more people this holiday season, contact us! We’d love to learn more about your business and your audience to see which move would be best for you.